General Advice Disclaimer
As at the time of writing, very limited commentary is available from the ATO or elsewhere regarding the JobKeeper payment. In all cases I've made my best effort at accurately interpreting the available information, however the information contained on this page may include misinformation, and is offered without warranty of any kind. In all cases, you should seek specific advice from an appropriately qualified person.
JobKeeper payments are available for eligible employees during the period April through September 2020.
There are a variety of eligibilty requirements, broadly split into two categories: the eligibility of the business, and the eligibility of specific employees.
The basic eligibility requirements for a business are:
- You were In business as at 1 March 2020
- You had at least one Employee as at 1 March 2020
- Satisfied the Decline in Turnover Test
Decline in Turnover Test
Satisfying the decline in turnover test is a key requirement for eligibility.
The basic eligibility requirepemts for each employee are:
- They are presently employed by you
- They are either full time, part time, or a casual employee for at least 12 months
- They were an Australian resident as at 1 March 2020
- They did not receive parental leave, Dad and partner pay, or a workers compensation payment
- They agree to be nominated by you
Employee Nomination Notice
Your employees must complete an Employee Nomination Notice.